Chicken : 500 gms
Onion : 6 big sized(4pieces onion sliced and 2pieces paste)
ginger-garlic paste :2 tbsp.
Kashmiri red chilli powder : 2 tsp.
Curd: 2 tblsp.
Poppy seeds paste: 2 tbsp.
Cashew paste : 2 tbsp.
Bay leaves: 2 pieces
Salt and sugar to taste
Basmati rice : 3 cups
Garam Masala Powder : 2 tsp
Refine oil : 3 tbsp.
- Wash the chicken and boil the chicken with little salt.
- In a bowl , take said amount ofboiled chicken.onion paste,half of ginger-garlic paste,curd, red chilli powder, poppyseeds paste and cashew paste,a pinch of sugar and salt.Marinate it for 30 mins.
- Take a wok,add 2 tbsp. ghee and 2 tbsp.refine oil when it hot add basmati rice and fry it 5 mins.Keep aside.
- In the same wok, add bay leaves before dark brown then add sliced onion,fry onion until golden brown.Now add rest of ginger-garlic paste,red chilli powder,poppy seeds,cashew paste and saute it.
- When oil separates the masala, add chicken pieces and basmati rice, mix well with the masala paste and saute for 10-12 mins.Now add chicken stock and 1 cup hot water, let it cook covered with lid.
- When rice and chicken done add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with Fried onion.