Minced Mutton with matar. This preparation is very famous in Bengal, a good accompany with Parathas and luchi.
For the keema
For the keema
Minced chicken meat -200 gms
1 onion chopped finely
3-4 gralic minced
1 inch ginger chopped
2 -3 tsp of turmeric powder
2 tsp. red chilli powder
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. coriander powder
1 tsp of garam masala
1 tomato chopped
Salt as per taste and some sugar
Oil for cooking -2-3 tbsFor the mator ghughni
Yellow peas- 2 cup soaked in water overnight or in warm water for 3-4 hrs prior to cooking
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of salt
1 pinch of sugar
Coriander leaves for gurnishing.
- Pressure cook the matar with little salt until it is just done not mushy.
- Now prepare the keema, since the keema(minced meat )is of chicken,the time required to cook is less.
- Add oil to a hot saucepan, temper it with 2 bay leaf then add onion and saute it until it turn brown.Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomato.
- Now add turmeric powder,red chilli powder ,cumin-coriander powder ,salt and sugar and a little bit of water.
- Stir/fry the paste at med-low for 5-7 mins till the oil separates out.
- Now add in minced meat to it , stir it well so that the spices get evenly coated over mutton mince.Add in garam masala powder.
- Now cover the saucepan and cook at low for 7-10 mints.
- Now transfer the prepared keema to the cooked matar.
- Let it simmer some more time at low till the gravy gets a nice colour and keema and matar gets mixed well.
- Gurnish with coriander leaves.