- Chicken : 500 gms
- Onion : 4-5 (sliced)
- Ginger-garlic paste : 2 tblsp.(1" piece of ginger and 4-5 cloves of garlic)
Curd or yoghurt : 1 cup
Turmeric powder : 2 tsp.
Red chilli powder : 1-2 tsp.(as per taste)
- Cumin powder : 1tsp.
- Coriander powder : 1tsp.
- Black pepper powder : 1tsp.
Garam masala powder : 2 tsp.
- Curd or yoghurt : 1 cup (small)
- Bay leaves : 1-2 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Sugar : 1tbls.
- Ghee(clarified butter) : 4 tblsp.(I combined2 tblsp. oil and 2 tblsp. ghee)
Beresta (fried onion) for garnishing.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and apply salt and half of curd,turmeric powder, keep aside for 1 hour.
- Again heat ghee in a pan, Fry the onions until golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken, keep aside.In same pan add some ghee and then add the bay leaves and 1 tsp. of sugar, add onions before bay leaves turn dark brown. Saute till onions get soft and translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for few more minutes. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and sauté it.
- Make a paste (cumin powder,coriander powder,black pepper powder with water or chicken stock). Add it in pan.
- When oil separates the masala, add the chicken pieces, mix well with the masala paste and saute for 10-12 minutes. Add 2 cups of hot water and let it cook covered with lid.
- When chicken is 2/3 done, add beaten curd, garam masala and mix well. Season with salt. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- There should be no water left, it's a dry gravy based dish.
- Lastly garnish with beresta (fried onion).
Serving Suggestion :Serve with Fried rice, Polao or any Indian bread like puri, paratha etc.